Monday, July 24, 2017

Winter in Peru



Dear Dad,
Thank you very much for the photos of the Manchester City - Manchester United match. It looks like it was a fun experience and that Houston tried to put on a good show for the fans that came. My friend William sent me a video of part of the match.  It was only 7 seconds, but it looked like the stadium was all red. He told me that there were only a handful of blue shirts in the sea of red jerseys, but that doesn't matter. Either way I bet it was enjoyable, until the United fans took things too far. William also told me that a MAnchester United fan guy that screamed in your ear as you were leaving the stadium. That guy was a jerk. Be careful: some of the people in this world are locos and will take things too far if they want to. 
Mom told me about the Calvert family gathering at thebeach house in Galveston,  and how Stephen wants to have family reunions every year. I dont' know what should be done, but I'm sure everyone will figure something out. I'm not a big beach guy. I like the winter here in Lima. It is cold and grey. I don't like the heat too much, though I can tolerate it. I like weather that forces you to stay inside.
 




Things are really up and down. We have a recent convert in the ward who is really excited about missionary work and participating in the Church. His name is Andrew. He is going to go on a mission when he has a year's membership in the Church. Right now he only has two months, more or less. He was baptized right before I got to the area. We went out and contacted with him one day, which was good. He told me about some books he has been reading and from the sound of it, I think he is gotten his hands on some alt-right nonsense.  I told him he should be careful of what he reads.
To be honest, my time here has been very humbling, I've seen how unprepared I was to go on the mission and how much growth I need to do and how little time there is to do it, and that just gets me discouraged and makes me not want to do anything at all, which is something I can't do. It is difficult. I'm trying to improve myself though, every day. I know I'll be helped if I put in my effort. I have a hard time doing that sometimes, though.
These are some pictures for this past week. One is at a soccer court where we played for Preparation Day. It was pretty fun. The other is me at a computer during Preparation Day. Not too many. Sorry.
I love you, Dad. I love hearing from you and I'm grateful that you were able to provide a memorable experience for my friends.  They have been good friends to me for a big chunk of my life. I'm thankful that you were able to reach out to them. I love you and miss you very much. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment