Monday, September 25, 2017

Lots of Photos!

It's been a while since I've posted any messages from Elder McMurray.  Hurricane Harvey knocked us for a loop!

Things are getting back to normal, so here's an update:

 21 August 2017


The week has been a little hectic. Last Monday I got transferred to a different area and my companion got called to train a new missionary. I spent most of the night packing. I wasn't in my last area for too long, but we were able to have a good number of baptisms and the people in the ward were really nice. 

I got called to the other side of the mission, so I'm pretty far away from everything I previously knew. The mission is basically divided in two halves. One is a district that is called Sanjuan de Lurigancho. The other is made up of districts called Comas, Carabayllo and Independencia. I spent all of my mission up to this point in Comas, but currently I am in Sanjuan de Lurigancho. 

Everything that I had previously heard about this side of the mission -- that it is full of hills, that the majority of the people are really humble, that it is really dusty -- are not the case in my part of Sanjuan de Lurigancho. My new area is called Begonias 2. We don't have a single incline in our area, though it is pretty big compared to other areas. It is the greenest and probably wealthiest area that I know of. 

I don't know all of the mission but from what I do know, it is pretty wealthy. It was a little bit of a shock at first, but now I feel more comfortable. I got called to be senior companion with Elder Melita, who is from Chile and has 6 months in the mission. He wants to work hard,  which is good. 

We didn't really have anyone to work with when I got here, though, so we spent most of the week trying to find new people. Friday, I got a call from our zone leaders, who share our ward, and they told me that I was now the district leader our district, which consists of the zone leaders and other missionaries, who haven't had too much success in the past few months. It is somewhat intimidating, I have to admit. 

I was not expecting to be called as a district leader, and it has me a little nervous, because I know I lack in some leadership aspects. There is not much I can do other then rely on the Lord. 

Now, for some photos:






















No comments:

Post a Comment