Monday, January 2, 2017

Up On The Roof, or One More Thing To Be Worried About



Dear Dad:




Sorry to hear about the weather and your not feeling well. That isn't fun to have to deal with. Hopefully the weather gets more consistent and as a result your health does, too. 

I´m glad to hear you've taken to my words from Christmas. I know praying with greater intent and reading the Book of Mormon every day will bless your life and everyone´s life. I wish I had been more consistent with both things in my life before my mission. I know the Lord will bless us when we do these things. 

I´m disappointed to hear about Manchester City. I saw some of the game against Hull last week and they looked good, but it was Hull. Hopefully Pep can turn things around. I´m sure he can. 

We watched a movie as a district last week called Freetown. It was made by the guy who made the Saratov approach. It wasn't a perfect film by any means, it had problems, but I would recommend checking it out. I think you would enjoy aspects of it.



I love Mom's idea of family reunions As families grow and people's individual lives become more complex, it gets difficult to keep in contact as frequently as many would like. That doesn't change the love we have for each other.


I had a somewhat scary experience this week. On Wednesday we had a service project at a member's house that involved doing work on her roof/second story or floor. I don't really know how to describe it. It´s a platform, about  13 or 15 feet off the ground. I was working near the edge and I don;t know how, but I fell off. I sustained a slight concussion and some cuts and scrapes. I don't remember falling. I remember being on the roof and the next thing I know I was in a taxi with my companion, headed to the mission offices. 
One of the senior missionaries is a doctor and he checked me out, made sure I was OK. For a time in the taxi I had trouble remembering where Samuel and Naomi went to school or whether I had called you guys for Christmas. I quickly was able to recall all these things, though. 



My memory is totally fine. I cannot however recall my fall or the time after my fall. I am fine. I don't tell you to worry you -- I tell you so you know what is going on in my life here. I am taking things very carefully. Don't worry. 


I just read your words about Grace and they really lifted my spirits.  I´m glad you shared them with me. I agree with you on grace. We are nothing without it. Lost, without hope. 

I am trying to work my hardest and continue to improve my self. I hope the Lord will see the gratitude I have for the grace He has given me. I love you all. I miss you everyday. 



I believe things will get better for me here, as I focus on these people and on my objectives as a missionary. I will strive to work harder and harder each day. I am grateful for your prayers and your words of encouragement. Your spiritual thoughts brighten my week as well. I love you and miss you all. 



Love, 

Elder McMurray


P.S. The photos are from the mission Christmas party and from the view from the top of our roof on New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment