Monday, March 20, 2017

Life is Just a Bowl of Oreos




 I´m glad to hear from so many of you.  Thank you for your emails -- I am grateful for them!

This week, I thought I'd answer some of your questions:

First off, mission life is not too bad.  If I were to give it a Rotten Tomatoes rating, it would definitely be "fresh," not "rotten."

We don't get a lot of news about new movies and music from the States. A newly arrived missionary is in our ward and he was telling me about some of the stuff that has come out since I left for Peru.  Some of it sounds pretty good. He was telling me about the Netflix series, A Series of Unfortunate Events.  It sounds like something worth seeing.



As for me, my day to day is pretty routine. Wake up, have a fruit or something for breakfast. I have made some poor decisions in terms of diet throughout my first couple of months here. One time I took about 20 Oreos, put them in a bowl, poured chocolate milk over them and ate that for breakfast That was the first and last time I am going to do that. 

My companion cooks for himself but I don't usually. Sometimes I eat mangoes for dinner, sometimes apples, sometimes oranges. I have been awful about working out,which is something I need to change pretty soon. 

I am safe from the floods, but people talk about them a lot. 




My Spanish is not that good, but I'm working on it.  I think it's would be good for all of you to learn. I think it will be important for everyone to know Spanish in the near future.

I love and miss you all. I cant wait until I get to see you all again. 


Spend your days doing productive things. Read the scriptures, prepare for conference. I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder McMurray
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad he's safe from all the flooding! Great to hear things are well.

    ReplyDelete