Monday, October 1, 2018

The Final Week Begins




This will be my last email of my mission. 

I don't think I will be sending a letter home next week. It will be a little bit of a difficult day getting all my bags ready and everything. I am writing a little bit earlier because today as a district we went to Lima Central. The last change, our mission president gave us permission to go to Lima Central, which is where all musuems and other cool sites are located. It is the first time in all of my mission that I have had the chance to go there and see how it is. 

I'm writing from an internet cafe in Lima Central and don't have much time left. 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be a missionary. It has been very difificult at times, but I'm very grateful for the people I have come to know and the things I have learned. 

I just want to share something that came to me this week as I was studying. When Alma the Younger is talking to his children, to Helaman specifically, he mentions that he always had in his mind the mercy the Lord showed to his ancestors. He mentions how the Lord saved them from the Egyptians. I'm sure he also had present in his mind the stories of Nephi and his own father, who was saved by a miracle of the Lord. [see Alma 36:2, 26 - 30.]

As I thought about these things I thought about the stories that you all have shared with me about the blessings you've received from the Lord. He has been so merciful with our family. If we have those stories in our mind, if we remember the Lord's mercies in our lives, I think we will be able to overcome more easily the obstacles we face. This is not a new idea, but it is something I wanted to share with you all. 

I'm so grateful to have you has my family. I'm so grateful that Im going to see you in a week. I love you all so much. 

Love, 
Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment