Monday, September 17, 2018

Three Weeks Left




Dear Family, 

I'm so grateful for your emails. I'm very grateful to hear that everything went well with Mom`s surgery. It is very good to hear that her health problems are finally going away after a long time of fighting. 

(There is a problem with the keyboard I'm using so sometimes the T doesn't type. Dad, please fix the typos -- thanks!)

I too believe in the power of the Priesthood. I believe in the power of faith. I think this experience can teach all of us a lot about patience. This is something that I have had a very hard time doing during my mission, trusting in the Lord and learning to wait upon the Lord. 

I have realized that I have a hard time being patient. I feel the need to have things done in the moment. It is frustrating to me when the Lord, who has all power, doesn't use that power or permit us to use that power to do miracles in a short space of time. I have been reminded many times though that the Lord doesn't work like that. He allows the effects of time to help mold and form us into better, more righteous people. He allows us to get as low as we can go, helping us gain a truer sense of compassion and humility so that we can be better followers of Christ. 

I know that Mom has received many priesthood blessings during this time, but the Lord waited until just the right moment to form Mom and the rest of us into better people. We all needed this time during which Mom has been sick to grow. 

I have fear letting go and trusting completely in the Lord, even though I know that He will only do what is best for me. It is still scary for me at times to show hat confidence. But the Lord always follows through. I know that. 

This week we had a baptism. He dad was a reference, but he is a heavy drinker. She has progressed really well, though. Her name is Brenda. I'm hoping that we can help her dad to stop drinking, too. 

I hope you all have a great week. This week we also did a service project digging a hole in my area. 

Love, 
Elder McMurray

















































No comments:

Post a Comment